- 1 teaspoon olive oil plus more for brushing buns
- 1 small clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro finely chopped
- Pinch kosher or coarse sea salt
- 1 pound shrimp cleaned, deveined, tails removed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 potato hot dog buns
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and sliced
- Pepita and Cilantro Pesto as desired
- Serrano Chile in Lemon and Oil as desired
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- In a large mixing bowl, add olive oil, garlic, cilantro and a pinch of salt. Mix together and add the shrimp. Toss to coat well and keep refrigerated until ready to grill.
- Place the shrimp on the grill. You can skewer them so they’re easier to flip. Cook until they’re opaque in color, a few minutes per side. Remove from grill and let cool.
- In a bowl, toss the grilled shrimp with the mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush the insides of the hot dog buns with olive oil and place open faced onto the grill to lightly toast.
- To the toasted buns, add a few slices of avocado and a good amount of the grilled shrimp with mayonnaise. Top with a drizzle of pepita pesto and a few – or many (depending on how spicy you like it) - drops of serrano chile oil.