- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 4 large eggs
- 1 14-ounce can, plus 1/4 cup, sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of kosher or coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit with the rack set in the middle. Butter a round 9-inch springform pan and cover bottom with parchment paper.
- In a double boiler, melt the butter and bittersweet chocolate, stirring occasionally to blend. Keep an eye on it and turn off the heat as soon as it’s all melted.
- In the jar of a blender, place the eggs and sweetened condensed milk. Puree until smooth. Incorporate the melted chocolate and puree again. Then add the almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and puree again. Lastly add the boiling water and puree again.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 40 minutes, until top is fluffy and springy to the touch, and a toothpick comes out moist but not wet.