Dry Rub Skirt Steak recipe from Pati's Mexican Table Season 5, Episode 12 “Alan Goes to College”
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher or coarse sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 7- to 8-ounce skirt steaks, about 1/2-inch thick, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
In a small bowl, mix all the spices with salt and pepper.
Pat the steaks dry and apply the spice rub on both sides. Let steaks sit for a few minutes or up to 2 hours (if more than a half an hour place in the refrigerator).
Heat a skillet over high heat. Add the butter and as soon as it melts, add the steaks. Sear for about 4 minutes on one side, and between 2 to 3 minutes on the second side (for medium). Adjust timing to your liking.
Let it rest for 3 to 4 minutes before serving.