- For the crust:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour plus more to work the dough
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 stick (or 1/2 cup) cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1/4 cup cold water
- For the filling:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Coronado® Dulce de Leche Caramel Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 cups (or 8 ounces) pecan halves coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces (or 1/3 cup) chopped bittersweet chocolate
- To prepare the crust: Place the flour, salt, sugar and diced cold butter in a food processor. Process a few times, until the mixture looks like a coarse meal. Add the cold water and process again a few times. The dough should become more moist. Turn out of the food processor and gather into a ball. Lightly dust your countertop with flour, and knead the dough 3 to 4 times until it comes together. Shape into a flat ball, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for until firm, about an hour.
- To prepare the filling: In a bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk until foamy. Incorporate the Coronado® Dulce de Leche Caramel Cinnamon, brown sugar, corn syrup, melted butter and salt and whisk until it is well blended. Add the chopped pecans and chocolate and mix well.
- To assemble the pie: Set an oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the dough from the refrigerator. Lightly dust your countertop, hands and a rolling pin with flour. Roll out the dough into about an 11” to 12” round. Place it in a pie mold, pressing the bottom and sides into the mold and crimp the edge on top.
- Pour the filling into pie crust. Cover the pie loosely with aluminum foil and place in the oven. Bake for 55 minutes, or until the pie is set and edges have lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.