- 1 large or 2 small jícamas, 1 1/2 pounds, peeled and cut into sticks
- 3 oranges, peeled and separated into segments or sliced
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, or more taste
- 1 tablespoon dried ground chile Piquín or Tajín, or to taste
- 1/2 cup shelled roasted peanuts, chopped and toasted, not salted
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to create a vinaigrette.
- Place the jícamas and oranges in a salad bowl. Toss with the vinaigrette. Let it all marinate for about 10 minutes, either inside or outside of the refrigerator. Sprinkle with the peanuts and serve.