- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons for chocolate filling
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- In a mixer, at medium-high speed beat the butter until soft. Add the sugar and keep on beating until fluffy. One by one, add the eggs until well combined. Lower the speed to low, and add the flour half a cup at a time, along with the salt, thoroughly mixed. Remove from the mixer, turn into a ball, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate anywhere from 1/2 hour to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly dust all-purpose flour on your countertop and roll out the dough to about 1/4″ thickness. Cut circles of about 3″ round. Place them in a buttered and floured cookie sheet. Bake anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes or until they appear lightly tanned. Let them cool on a cooling rack.
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine the cream, 2 tablespoons of sugar, and the chopped chocolate. Stir constantly, until the chocolate is well dissolved. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Once the cookies and chocolate filling have cooled, add a couple tablespoons of chocolate on top of half the cookies. Top with another cookie without pressing down on it. Then with a spoon or fork, drizzle more chocolate on top of the cookies, making your own scribble designs.
- Once the cookies are set, you may cover and refrigerate. I love them cold!