- 10 ounces goat cheese
- 1 large ripe avocado halved, pitted, mashed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeño, seeding optional, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 6 thick slices thick cut bacon, about 6 ounces, cooked until golden and lightly crisp, chopped
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 4 to 6 whole pita breads
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil divided, more if needed
- 1 tablespoon sumac or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons lightly toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, combine the goat cheese with the avocado along with the jalapeño, shallot and bacon, mix well until fully combined. Add salt to taste if need be.
- Brush the pita breads on both sides with two tablespoons of toasted sesame oil and set on a baking sheet. Generously sprinkle with sumac on both sides. Place in the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until toasted but not burnt.
- Scrape the dip onto a bowl, make a dimple in the middle of the dip and pour in the remaining tablespoon of sesame oil. Sprinkle all over with the toasted sesame seeds.
- Break the pita bread into pieces and serve on the side for people to dip the pieces in the dip or spread the dip on the pita bread.