- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 eggs separated
- 4 cups corn kernels
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher or coarse salt
- Place rack in the middle of oven and heat to 360 degrees. Butter a 9×12-inch pan.
- Beat the butter with the sugar until creamy. Slowly add 8 egg yolks, one by one, until incorporated. Add the cream, rice flour and baking powder.
- In a blender, process the milk with the corn kernels, then, incorporate it into the mix above. Place the mixture in a big mixing bowl.
- Separately, beat the egg whites with salt until stiff peaks are formed. Add 1/5 of the egg whites to the butter/corn mix and blend carefully. Slowly blend the rest of the egg whites until everything is mixed, it is ok if the mixture looks streaky, don’t over work it or it will lose volume. Pour onto baking dish.
- Bake until torte is springy to the touch and lightly browned, 45 to 50 minutes. Once it cools a little, cut into squares. It can be served either warm or cold; it can be covered and kept at room temperature for an entire day, or covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.