- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup white onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes packed in oil coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or coarse sea salt
- To taste freshly ground black pepper
- In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion, reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until completely softened and caramelized, about 5 to 7 minutes. Scrape the onions into the bowl of a food processor.
- Place the skillet back over low heat, add the walnuts and let them toast, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add the walnuts to the food processor along with the chipotle chiles, sundried tomatoes, goat cheese, salt, and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Process until smooth. Use immediately or store covered in the refrigerator.