- 1 15.5oz can black beans drained and rinsed, or 1 ¾ cups black beans from the pot , drained
- 1 15.5oz can garbanzo beans or chick peas drained and rinsed, or 1 ¾ cups cooked garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 15.2oz can of corn drain and rinsed, or 1 ¾ cup fresh or frozen corn kernels cooked
- 1 14oz can hearts of palm rinsed and cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- For the vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves and upper stems, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt or more to taste
- Place all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a blender and puree until smooth. You may make the vinaigrette up to a week ahead and store covered in the refrigerator. If made ahead, whisk with a fork or whisk to re-emulsify prior to using. You may also shake it in the covered container.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine black beans, garbanzo beans, corn, red bell pepper and red onion. Pour vinaigrette and combine well. Add hearts of palm, gently toss and serve.