- 4 slices bacon
- 4 turkey hot dogs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 4 güero chiles or banana peppers
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans, warmed up
- Chopped raw white onion
- Chopped tomato
- Jalapeño hot sauce, or salsa of your choice
- On a cutting board, roll one slice of bacon around each hot dog. Place the tip of the hot dog over one end of the bacon slice, then roll the hot dog around and around on the diagonal so that the bacon wraps around it and covers it entirely. If you get to the end of the hot dog and there is still some bacon left, roll back in the other direction until the whole strip of bacon is rolled around the hot dog.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon-wrapped hot dogs and cook, turning every 2 to 3 minutes, until crisped and browned on all sides. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the vegetable oil and add the 1 cup chopped white onion. Sauté the onion until it softens and becomes translucent, about 5 minutes. Scrape into a small bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, char the güero chiles on a hot comal or skillet set over medium heat for 3
to 6 minutes. Turn it once or twice, until its skin has lightly charred. Remove from heat.
- Place one bacon-wrapped hot dog in a bun, then spoon on a generous tablespoon of warm pinto beans and about a tablespoon of the cooked onion. Top with some chopped raw onion, chopped tomato, hot sauce or salsa, mustard, and mayonnaise. Repeat with the remaining hot dogs and serve each one with a charred güero chile on the side.