Avocado and Coconut Ice Cream
Rate this recipe
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 3/4 cups sugar or more to taste
- 3 large ripe avocados halved, pitted, meat diced (about 3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup dried shredded coconut or sweetened coconut flakes lightly toasted, optional for garnish, or toasted almonds, pine nuts or pistachios
- Pour the coconut milk in a sauce pan along with the sugar and place over medium heat. Stir, once the sugar dissolves, turn off heat. Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit and scoop the pulp out. Cut the pulp into chunks and place it in the blender or food processor. Add the coconut milk mixture and lime juice, and puree until completely smooth.
- Process the avocado-coconut puree in you ice cream maker, according to the manufacturers instructions. Place in the freezer for a couple hours for firmer ice cream. If you don’t have an ice cream maker you can serve it as a cold mousse, or you can also freeze it and serve it as ice cream, but it will be a little less fluffy. But its still good!
- Lightly toast the shredded coconut on a small saute pan set over medium-low heat, stirring constantly so it does not burn. It will take less than a minute. Once the coconut becomes fragrant and acquires a tan, remove and set aside. Sprinkle over the ice cream.