Mango Habanero Hot Sauce
Rate this recipe
- 1 carrot cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 white onion chopped in large pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 mangoes cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1-2 habanero chiles keep whole, stems removed
- 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup or honey or sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher or coarse sea salt
- Place the carrots, onion and water in a blender and puree. Add the mangoes and puree until smooth. Carefully, adding one at a time, blend in the habaneros for one more minute until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a large saucepan, add the vinegar, agave syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover partially with a lid and simmer until the sauce coats the back of a wooden spoon, about 30 minutes. Stir every 8 to 10 minutes to make sure doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from the heat and let cool before serving.