No Bake Chocolate Pie
Rate this recipe
- 7 ounces chocolate wafer cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Pinch kosher or coarse sea salt
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a food processor, (or mashing inside a plastic bag with a rolling pin or mug) pulse the chocolate wafers until finely ground, transfer to a mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, then pour it over the ground wafers. Add a pinch of salt and mix with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Turn the mixture into to a 9-inch glass pie or baking dish. Press with your hands or a mug, to create a crust that covers the bottom and goes up the sides of the dish. Refrigerate for 20 minutes, or pop it in the freezer for 5 minutes, to form a firm crust.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the ricotta for a few seconds until fluffed up. Add the melted chocolate and puree for about 45 seconds more, until creamy and thoroughly mixed.
- Using a whisk or fork, whip 1/4 cup of whipping cream in a large bowl until it thickens. Add the ricotta chocolate mixture to the whipped cream, stir it well to combine.
- Remove the crust from refrigerator and spread the filling inside. Place it back in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving.