Peanut Butter and Jelly Grape Galette
Rate this recipe
For the crust:
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour plus more to work the dough
- Pinch kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) cold unsalted butter diced
- 1/4-1/3 cup cold water
For the galette:
- 4 cups Jellyberries Grapes or red seedless grapes, about one bunch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon about 1/4 cup juice
- Pinch kosher or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted peanuts coarsely chopped
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream divided
- 2 tablespoons salted, roasted peanuts chopped
To prepare the crust:
- Place the flour, salt, granulated sugar and diced cold butter in a food processor. Pulse a few times, until the mixture looks like a coarse meal. Add the cold water while pulsing again a few times until the dough starts to come together and becomes more moist. Turn out of the food processor and gather into a ball. Lightly dust your countertop with flour, and knead the dough 3 to 4 times until it comes together. Shape into a large, flat disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about an hour.
To make the galette:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and remove the dough from the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, add the grapes, vanilla, granulated sugar, lemon zest and salt. In a small bowl mix the lemon juice and cornstarch together, then add it to the grape mixture. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Sprinkle your work surface and rolling pin with flour and roll the dough out into about a 14-inch circle.
- Carefully transfer the dough to the lined baking sheet. Spread the 1/2 cup of chopped peanuts onto the dough in a single layer, leaving a 2-inch border. Spread the grape mixture on top of the peanut layer. Fold up the sides of the dough to create a slightly overlapping, pleated crust of about 2 inches over the fruit. Brush the dough with the egg and sprinkle with the turbinado sugar (pressing the sugar into the crust a little with your hands).
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool for 10-15 minutes.
To make the topping:
- While the galette is cooling, make the topping. In a large bowl stir the peanut butter and confectioners’ sugar with 1/2 cup of the heavy cream until completely smooth and combined. Pour in the remaining heavy cream and beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Cut the cooled galette into wedges and top with peanut butter whipped cream. Sprinkle around the 2 tablespoons of chopped peanuts.