Rate this recipe
Jamaica Concentrate (makes about 5 cups):
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups dried hibiscus or jamaica flowers about 2-3 ounces, depending on how tightly you pack the cups
- 1 1/2 cups sugar or to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice or to taste
- 1 cup of the Jamaica Concentrate
- 3 to 4 cups water
To make the concentrate:
- In a saucepan, pour 8 cups of water and place over high heat. Once it comes to a boil, add the jamaica flowers, simmer at medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes and turn off the heat. Let it cool down and strain into a heat proof glass or plastic water jar. Add the sugar and lime juice, mix well, cover and refrigerate.
- It will keep in the refrigerator for at least 3 months.
To make the jamaica water:
- When ready to serve, dilute 1 cup concentrate with 3 to 4 cups water, or to your liking, and some ice cubes.