- 6 ears of corn
- 10 scallions
- 5 tablespoons olive oil plus more for brushing grill
- 1 1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher or coarse sea salt or more to taste
- To taste freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Pre-heat the grill to medium, or set a grill pan over medium heat. Once hot, brush with oil.
- Cook the corn for about 20 minutes, flipping with tongs every once in a while. Also, cook the scallions for about 10 minutes, flipping occasionally as well. Remove both from the heat when charred, cooked and softened. Set aside.
- Heat 5 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the tomatoes, salt and pepper, and cook for 6 to 7 minutes until charred and softened. Remove from the heat, making sure to reserve the oil and tomato juices as well.
- Shave the corn kernels off the cobs and place in salad bowl. Cut white and light green parts of the scallions into 1-inch pieces and add to the bowl. Add the mint, chives, vinegar, and the reserved oil and juices from the tomatoes. Mix well. Incorporate the tomatoes. Gently toss and serve.