Asparagus with Chiltepín recipe from Pati's Mexican Table Season 9, Episode 9 "Cooking for my Crew in Sonora"
- 1 pound asparagus, stalks peeled and trimmed of dry ends
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 4 to 5 dried chiltepin chiles, crushed
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
Preheat grill or griddle to medium high heat. Brush asparagus with oil and season with the salt.
Grill for about 8 to 10 minutes, flipping as they char and begin to soften.
Meanwhile, heat a small saute pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and butter and once it begins to bubble, add the pecans, cook for about a minute. Add the crushed chiltepin chiles, mix and cook for another minute. Remove from the heat. Add the lime juice and stir.
Place grilled asparagus on a plate, spoon butter pecan mixture on top.