Fresh Mango Salsa
Rate this recipe
- 1/2 medium red onion cut into very thin slivers (about 1/3 cup)
- Juice from 2 limes about 4 tablespoons
- 2 1/2 pounds (about 4) ripe mangoes peeled and cut into large dice
- 1 large jalapeño pepper stemmed, seeded and finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons, or more to taste)
- Leaves from 4 stems cilantro finely chopped (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt or more to taste
- Combine the onion and lime juice in a mixing bowl; toss to coat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Combine the mango, jalapeno, cilantro, oil and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add the onion and lime juice mixture when it's ready and toss to mix well. Taste and add salt or jalapeno as needed.