Fresh Mango Salsa
Rate this recipe
- 1/2 medium red onion cut into very thin slivers (about 1/3 cup)
- Juice from 2 limes about 4 tablespoons
- 2 1/2 pounds (about 4) ripe mangoes peeled and cut into large dice
- 1 large jalapeño pepper stemmed, seeded and finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons, or more to taste)
- Leaves from 4 stems cilantro finely chopped (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt or more to taste
- Combine the onion and lime juice in a mixing bowl; toss to coat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Combine the mango, jalapeno, cilantro, oil and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add the onion and lime juice mixture when it's ready and toss to mix well. Taste and add salt or jalapeno as needed.
10comments inFresh Mango Salsa
Bill Abromitis , Asheville NC
Great recipe but I substuted Peaches for the Mango it was awesome, but I forgot the Cilantro, I’ll fix it in the AM.
Peaches work for me as well Bill 🙂
I prepped all the ingredients for the mango salsa and the mangos were bruised. I had a fresh pineapple in the fridge and cut it lengthwise and made a bowl of the shell and used the pineapple in place of the mangos. What a delicious salsa.
Sorry about your mangoes, but great save with the pineapple, yumm!
This is the best salsa I’ve ever tasted. Thank you for sharing.
Thank YOU Wendy! I’m super happy this is the “best” your ever tasted!
Thank you, I am making màñgo salsa your way!
Hello. What is the name of the seedless mango that you use in your fabulous mango salsa
You can use any type of mango. I used a Champagne mango…but it does have a seed.