Prep Time: 10 minutes
Resting Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
A luxurious mango salsa with slivers of red onion, jalapeño and chopped cilantro.
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into very thin slivers (about 1/3 cup)
- Juice from 2 limes, about 4 tablespoons
- 2 1/2 pounds (about 4) ripe mangoes, peeled and cut into large dice
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons, or more to taste)
- Leaves from 4 stems cilantro, finely chopped (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, or more to taste
Combine the onion and lime juice in a mixing bowl; toss to coat and let sit for 10 minutes.
Combine the mango, jalapeno, cilantro, oil and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add the onion and lime juice mixture when it's ready and toss to mix well. Taste and add salt or jalapeno as needed.