Banana and Habanero Salsa
Rate this recipe
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 pinch dried Mexican oregano
- 1 pinch ground chipotle chile
- 1 teaspoon Maggi sauce or more to taste
- 5 peeled bananas sliced
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 fresh habanero chiles stemmed and seeded
- In a bowl, mix the melted butter with the salt, garlic powder, dried oregano, ground chipotle chile, and Maggi sauce. Add the bananas and toss to coat.
- Set a nonstick saute pan over medium heat and once hot, saute the bananas until completely cooked, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Place bananas in the jar of a blender along with the orange juice and the habanero chiles. Puree until smooth.