Bibb Lettuce Salad with Grilled Shrimp
Rate this recipe
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeño stemmed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt divided, plus more to season shrimp
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound large shrimp shelled
- 3 heads Boston Bibb lettuce
- 2/3 cup roasted cashews coarsely chopped
To make the vinaigrette:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the red onion, shallot, ginger and jalapeños in a small baking sheet. Cover with the olive and vegetable oils and sprinkle on 1 teaspoon salt. Place in the oven and roast for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and be sure to reserve the oil from the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk the red wine vinegar with the Dijon, honey, black pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Continue whisking well as you drizzle in the oil from the roasted red onion mix. Incorporate all the roasted red onion, shallots, ginger and chile, mix well, taste for salt and add more if need be.
To make the salad:
- Preheat your grill, or a grill pan, on medium-high heat. Brush with olive oil. Season the shrimp with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Grill for a 2-3 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Cut the lettuce heads into 4 quarters and place them on a serving platter. Dress with the vinaigrette and top with the grilled shrimp and cashews.
12comments inBibb Lettuce Salad with Grilled Shrimp
Great Salad. Can I make dressing ahead and store in fridge
Absolutely! Just make sure to shake it or mix it well again before using it 🙂
This salad is GENIUS! I just watched you make it on tv. -Low carb. Big flavors. I’ve gotta’ try it!
Enjoy it Jean 😉
Can I use almonds instead of cashews?
Yes! I would go for the slivered almonds and toast them a bit before adding them 😉
Great salad and very tasty. wonderful for a lunche with friends
Glad you liked it Carmen 😉
Looks so good. Cannot wait to try the shrimp. However,cannot post to my Pinterest. See other fans with same issue. I did e-mail recipe to myself so I would not miss out. Thx
Oh I’m sorry to hear the Pinterest is not working…I’ll check it out, Donna.
I am on site and cannot save recipes to my pinterest account. Ant suggestions?
Hmmm it might be an issue with your Pinterest account….it looks like the button is working on the site with my account. Let me know if you are still having a problem. Thanks, LinRoc!