Peanut Butter and Jelly Grape Galette
Rate this recipe
For the crust:
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour plus more to work the dough
- Pinch kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) cold unsalted butter diced
- 1/4-1/3 cup cold water
For the galette:
- 4 cups Jellyberries Grapes or red seedless grapes, about one bunch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon about 1/4 cup juice
- Pinch kosher or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted peanuts coarsely chopped
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream divided
- 2 tablespoons salted, roasted peanuts chopped
To prepare the crust:
- Place the flour, salt, granulated sugar and diced cold butter in a food processor. Pulse a few times, until the mixture looks like a coarse meal. Add the cold water while pulsing again a few times until the dough starts to come together and becomes more moist. Turn out of the food processor and gather into a ball. Lightly dust your countertop with flour, and knead the dough 3 to 4 times until it comes together. Shape into a large, flat disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about an hour.
To make the galette:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and remove the dough from the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, add the grapes, vanilla, granulated sugar, lemon zest and salt. In a small bowl mix the lemon juice and cornstarch together, then add it to the grape mixture. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Sprinkle your work surface and rolling pin with flour and roll the dough out into about a 14-inch circle.
- Carefully transfer the dough to the lined baking sheet. Spread the 1/2 cup of chopped peanuts onto the dough in a single layer, leaving a 2-inch border. Spread the grape mixture on top of the peanut layer. Fold up the sides of the dough to create a slightly overlapping, pleated crust of about 2 inches over the fruit. Brush the dough with the egg and sprinkle with the turbinado sugar (pressing the sugar into the crust a little with your hands).
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool for 10-15 minutes.
To make the topping:
- While the galette is cooling, make the topping. In a large bowl stir the peanut butter and confectioners’ sugar with 1/2 cup of the heavy cream until completely smooth and combined. Pour in the remaining heavy cream and beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Cut the cooled galette into wedges and top with peanut butter whipped cream. Sprinkle around the 2 tablespoons of chopped peanuts.
10comments inPeanut Butter and Jelly Grape Galette
I made this for my mum and dad 60th anniversary every body loved it thankyou pati
Aw, congratulations to your parents on their 60th!!! So glad they enjoyed the galette, lots of hugs to them 😉
I remember a few months ago I saw the episode with this recipe in it. It looked so good, I just had to try making it! I’m so happy I remembered to because it came out so amazing. Thank you for this recipe 🙂
Pati, my son and I love to watch your amazing show! ❤️ We have tried several of your delicious receipts! Thank you so much for your most beautiful Precious SMILE!
How incredibly sweet of you guys, hugs to both!
I made this today and it was so easy and delicious. My family loved it.
Yay, thanks for letting me know Lupita, un abrazo!
Gloria Jean Gillilan