- 1 pound green beans or Chinese long beans ends removed and diagonally cut into about 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 4 garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 3 chiles de arbol stemmed and thinly sliced
- 4 to 6 scallions thinly sliced, light green and white parts only
- Bring salted water to a boil, then add the sliced green beans and cook uncovered for 2 to 3 minutes until al dente. Strain beans and set aside.
- Combine the soy sauce, chicken broth, sugar and salt and mix well.
- Heat the peanut oil over high heat in a large heavy skillet until hot but not smoking. Add the peanuts and fry, stirring constantly, for about 20 seconds (careful, they brown faster than it seems!). Add the garlic, stir, add the chiles de árbol, stir, add the scallions and stir.
- Add the green beans to skillet and mix to combine all the ingredients, and finally pour in soy sauce mixture. Let it all cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately or turn off the heat and cover to keep warm.