For the vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 cup honey
- Zest of 2 limes
- 5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Maggi sauce
For the skewers:
- 6 cups seeded and cubed ripe watermelon
- About 12 ounces tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed, and thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 large package of small fresh mozzarella balls, (about 8 ounces)
To make the vinaigrette:
- Place the cilantro, ginger, honey, lime zest and juice, and Maggi sauce into a large mason jar and shake vigorously to emulsify. Alternatively, place all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk to emulsify.
To make the skewers:
- Slide the watermelon cubes, tomatillo slices and mozzarella balls onto wooden toothpicks or small plastic skewers, alternating between each ingredient. Serve with the lime-honey vinaigrette as a dipping sauce.