White Rice with Toasted Angel Hair Pasta
Rate this recipe
- 2 cups Mahatma® Rice white rice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 lb, or about 1, cup angel hair pasta broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup white onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice optional
- 1 tsp kosher or sea salt or to taste
- Soak the white rice in hot water for 5 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again. In a cooking pot, heat the oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add the angel hair and fry for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. It should be browned but not burnt.
- Incorporate the drained rice, cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice achieves a milky white color and it feels and sounds heavier when you move it.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic, stir and cook for another 2 minutes. Pour the water or broth over the rice, add the salt and lime juice, and once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover with the lid, and cook for about 20 minutes.
- The rice is ready when the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender and cooked. Turn off the heat and keep it covered for at least 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.