White Rice with Toasted Angel Hair Pasta
Rate this recipe
- 2 cups Mahatma® Rice white rice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 lb, or about 1, cup angel hair pasta broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup white onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice optional
- 1 tsp kosher or sea salt or to taste
- Soak the white rice in hot water for 5 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again. In a cooking pot, heat the oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add the angel hair and fry for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. It should be browned but not burnt.
- Incorporate the drained rice, cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice achieves a milky white color and it feels and sounds heavier when you move it.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic, stir and cook for another 2 minutes. Pour the water or broth over the rice, add the salt and lime juice, and once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover with the lid, and cook for about 20 minutes.
- The rice is ready when the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender and cooked. Turn off the heat and keep it covered for at least 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
8comments inWhite Rice with Toasted Angel Hair Pasta
When do you add the pasta ? Does it cook with the rice ?
The first thing you add to the hot oil is the pasta, fry it about to minutes until slightly brown and then go on with the recipe. Enjoy!
Two of my favorites! It’s hard for me to resist starches, but I try! However, I can’t wait to try this!
I hope you’ll like it Valerie, let me know 😉
This recipe is a twist on an old standby recipe from my mom! I look forward to adding the lime juice!
Yay! I hope you will enjoy it Cyndi 🙂
This is a wonderful recipe! Thank you Pati! Where can I find your Mole Coloradito recipe?
Here it is Leia! Enjoy! https://patijinich.com/pati_2020/recipe/coloradito-chicken-recipe/