- 12 corn tostadas, such as Guerrero or Mission
- 1 1/2 cups refried beans, warmed up (can be home made or store bought)
- 3 cups chicken tinga, recipe above
- 1 cup iceberg or romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe Mexican avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, Cotija or farmers cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Mexican or Latin style cream
- Salsa of your choice, such as salsa verde, optional
- Place the tostadas on a large platter.
- Layer a couple of tablespoons of refried beans on the tostada. Spread a couple tablespoons of chicken tinga on top and garnish with about 1 or 2 tablespoons lettuce, 1 or 2 slices of ripe avocado, 1 or 2 tablespoons of crumbled queso fresco and Mexican cream.
- Serve the salsa on the side for people to drizzle as much as they want.