Chile Rubbed Pork Chop
Rate this recipe
- 4 1-inch thick bone-in pork chops
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Pickled Grape Salad to serve
- Place pork chops on a baking sheet or cutting board. Stir ancho chile powder, oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the pork chops with the spice mixture. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium high, or heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Brush the grill or grill pan with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add pork chops, cook for 7 to 8 minutes, then flip and cook on the other side for another 6 to 7 minutes. The meat should be at 145°F to 150°F if checked with a meat thermometer.
- Transfer the pork chops to a plate to rest for about 5 minutes. Slice and serve with the Pickled Grape Salad.