Crab, Cucumber and Jícama Salad
Rate this recipe
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher or coarse sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small jícama peeled and julienned
- 1 large English cucumber peeled, seeded and julienned
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts crushed , or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 pint jumbo lump crab meat picked through thoroughly for cartilage and shells
- Romain lettuce to accompany (optional)
- Tostadas homemade or store-bought, or crackers, to accompany (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the lime juice and zest, cayenne pepper, rice wine vinegar and honey. Whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the jícama, cucumber, scallions, peanuts and cilantro and toss well to combine. Then, add the crab and gently toss, taking care not to break up the crab meat. Serve over lettuce or in individual cups accompanied by tostadas or crackers.
18comments inCrab, Cucumber and Jícama Salad
The gal that used the words “beach and summer“ to describe this recipe was right on target! It is so refreshingly delicious! Yes, I am using a lot of exclamation marks because it’s that good! Thank you, Pati, your recipes never fail me.
Thanks so much Rose! Yes, this salad is very refreshing and the crunch added with jicama and cucumber makes it really delicious. Enjoy 😉
I wanted to find the other recipes from this series. Help
Here they all are, Michele. Episode 309 🙂
Delicious every time! Tastes like the beach and summer.
I love your description, Carol…thank you.
Love, love, love your show!!! I just madeyour crab salad with jícama, súper deliciosa!!, muchas gracias!!!??
Me encanta tu programa! I watch it with my little girls and they get excited to go to the kitchen and try out your recipes. Muchisimas gracias!
Gracias! You will have to let me know what you try!!
I’m making this over this weekend!
Yay, Louise!! Hope you enjoy!
Hi Pati – love your show! Made the Crab, Cucumber and Jícama Salad and it was a hit! Next up is the Beef Barbacoa Sliders. You are awesome! Thank you!
THANK YOU, Roseann!!
This was excellent, it was the first time trying Jicama and it was delicious. The only thing I did differentlywas to add a teaspoon of sesame toasted oil… It felt like the right thing to do because of the rice wine vinegar.
Yay!! Thank you so much for trying it!
This salad was wonderful. Thank you Pati
Delighted you tried it and liked it, Mary!