Lime-Rubbed Chicken Tacos with Corn Guacamole
Rate this recipe
For the chicken:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, or 1/4 teaspoon dried
For the corn guacamole:
- 2 large ripe Mexican avocados halved, pitted and diced
- 1 jalapeno chile roasted, chopped, or to taste
- 2 garlic cloves roasted with the skin on, peeled and minced
- 3/4 cup corn kernels shaved from corn, or cooked from thawed
- 3/4 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved or chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt or to taste
To assemble tacos:
- 10-12 corn tortillas homemade or store-bought
To make the chicken:
- Mix the lime juice with the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper and rosemary in a bowl. Pour on top of the chicken, in a container. Cover and refrigerate anywhere from 1/2 hour up to 12 hours.
- Heat a medium-sized sauté or grill pan over medium-high heat. Add corn or safflower oil; once it is hot but not smoking, add the chicken. Sauté until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from the pan, place on chopping board to cool. When cool enough to handle, slice into diagonal strips about a 1/2-inch wide.
To make the guacamole:
- Place the jalapeño and garlic cloves in a small baking dish under the broiler, for 6 to 9 minutes, until completely cooked through, soft and skin is charred. Once cool enough to handle, peel garlic and mince along with chiles.
- Place diced avocado in a mixing bowl. Add the charred and minced garlic and jalapeños, gently tossing everything together well. Incorporate the corn and tomatoes. Squeeze the lime juice on top and sprinkle the salt. Mix it all together.
To assemble tacos:
- In an already hot skillet or comal set over medium-low heat, heat the tortillas. It will take about 1 minute per side.
- Place the tortillas in a tortilla warmer or wrap them in a clean kitchen towel or cloth napkin. Serve them together with the guacamole and the chicken at the table and assemble your tacos!
18comments inLime-Rubbed Chicken Tacos with Corn Guacamole
Super tasty yet not too complex for a weeknight dinner. I’m intrigued by the use of one of my favourite herbs, Rosemary in the marinade. Delish!
Recently, my household requested Mexican Mondays; boy-o-boy am I glad to be scouring through your repertoire of recipes.
The Corn Guac was a big hit!
Mexican Monday, love that idea, yay!
Patti, thank you for sharing all your wonderful recipes. Thoughts on substituting the Cherry Tomatoes for Pomegranate seeds in the guacamole? Thinking the Pomegranate would add a sweeter acidity.
Uuuyyyy, si!!! What a great idea, yumm guac with pomegranate!
The Corn Guacamole is absolutely delicious, you should post this recipe by itself for more exposure
Thanks for the suggestion Paul! So glad you liked the guacamole, yay.
I’m making this today , I will certainly let you know how it turns out !
Wish you were here to cook for us. 😅
I absolutely love your recipes omg good .
I was going to make the Chimichanga you made with your son Sammy.
I’m making the lentil rice with this chicken because I had the chicken out already.
You have a lovely family. We enjoy watching you on PBS .
Shhh your my favorite .
Thank you for being a strong woman, great Mom and sharing with us.
God Bless , Deborah
Thanks so much for this sweet message Deborah, your kind words mean a lot to me. Enjoy the Rice and the Chicken, que rico!
Wonderful recipe, my husband and I absolutely love these. My go to for chicken tacos. Thank you Pati.
So glad you guys love the tacos, Robbin.
Oh my goodness this marinade was delicious! I used ck thighs bc we prefer Dark meat in my family and they were more cost effective at the market. I also ended up marinating them for over 24 hrs dt timing. They were so juicy and delicious! I will definitely be making this again! Skipped the tortillas as well and had it with black refried beans and The guac. Que Rico!
Wait caint wait to try this
I hope you enjoy it!
Hi Pati I miss your cooking shows…when will you be coming back on PBS…? Cathy..
This weekend! You can check you local air time here: http://www.tracmedia.com/LOL/PatisMexicanTable2/
Love these tacos. The guacamole is my “new” go to guac recipe. Thanks.
Thank YOU John.