- For the vinaigrette:
- 1 shallot minced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- Pinch kosher or coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon minced
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- For the salad:
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes washed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or coarse sea salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper divided
- 1/2 head radicchio cut into 2 wedges
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- In a medium size bowl, add the minced shallot, vinegar, salt, tarragon and mustard. Add olive oil in thin steady stream whisking as you pour to emulsify. Set it aside.
- Place the potatoes in a large piece of aluminum foil, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Then fold and seal the potatoes, as if creating a large aluminum foil package or envelope. Put it directly on the grill and cook for 30 minutes, flipping it once.
- In a large bowl, season the radicchio with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill the radicchio for about 3 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and cut it into 1/2-inch slices.
- Remove the potatoes from the grill, opening the package carefully as the steam will be piping hot. Transfer to a salad bowl, combine with the cut radicchio and toss with the prepared vinaigrette.