Sweet Lime Roasted Chicken with Broccolini
Rate this recipe
- 3 garlic cloves skin on
- 3 to 4 chiles de árbol
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups sweet lime juice or substitute with half lemon juice and half lime juice
- 1 tablespoon GOYA® White Vinegar
- 1/3 cup GOYA® Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons GOYA® Pure Honey
- 1 tablespoon kosher or coarse sea salt or to taste, plus more to season broccolini
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste, plus more to season broccolini
- 1 3- to 4- pound whole chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 1/2 pounds broccolini or broccoli cut into stems
- In a preheated comal set over medium heat, toast the garlic cloves, until skin is charred and garlic has softened, about 5 to 6 minutes. Also toast the chiles de árbol, about 20 to 30 seconds per side. And the oregano for a few seconds. Peel the garlic and place in the jar of a blender along with the chile de árbol, oregano, sweet lime juice (or lemon and lime juice), vinegar, oil, honey, salt and black pepper. Puree until smooth. Reserve 2/3 cup of the marinade.
- Spatchcock the chicken - to do this, remove the chicken backbone with kitchen shears. Flip skin side up and flatten the bird by pressing down on the breast. Before flattening make a small cut into the breast bone plate, so that when you flatten the bird, it cracks evenly down the middle. You will hear a crack as you press.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan or on a baking sheet skin side up. Pour the rest of the marinade over the chicken. Marinate anywhere from 30 minutes to 12 hours. If more than 30 minutes, cover and place in the refrigerator, and you can flip a few times as it marinates.
- When ready to roast, preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place the chicken skin side down, add the chicken broth and roast for 25 minutes. Pull the baking sheet out of the oven, flip the chicken and arrange the broccolini around it. Pour the reserved marinade over the chicken and broccolini, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and place back on the oven for 20 minutes. The chicken should have browned on top and be fully cooked (at least 165°F in the thickest part of the thigh) and the broccoli should be roasted and tender.