Rate this recipe
- 2 ripe roma tomatoes
- 1 pound tomatillos husked and rinsed
- 4 to 5 chiles de árbol stemmed
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 thin slice of white onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- In a medium saucepan add the tomatoes and tomatillos and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, and cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Place the cooked tomatoes and tomatillos in a blender along with the chiles de árbol, oregano, onion slice, and salt, and puree until smooth. Adjust salt if necessary.