Stuffed Avocados with Hearts of Palm and Artichoke Salad
Rate this recipe
- 14 ounces (1 1/3 cups) hearts of palm drained, rinsed and sliced
- 14 ounces (1 1/2 cups) artichoke hearts drained, rinsed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 4 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons safflower or vegetable oil
- 3 ripe Mexican avocados halved and seeded just before stuffing
- In a bowl, mix the hearts of palm, artichoke hearts, red onion, red bell pepper and parsley.
- To prepare the vinaigrette, pour the tarragon vinegar in a small bowl and mix it with the salt, sugar and black pepper. Pour the oils in a slow stream, whisking with a whisk or fork to emulsify. Pour it over the vegetables. Toss well to cover.
- You may prepare the hearts of palm and artichoke salad ahead of time, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- When ready to eat, halve and seed the avocados. Scoop the hearts of palm and artichoke salad on top and serve.