- 4 large beefsteak or heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/4 red onion, slivered
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, plus more to season the dressing
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- Arrange the tomatoes, onion and avocado on a platter. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few cracks of pepper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, lime juice, sugar and oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Drizzle the dressing over the platter and sprinkle the queso fresco evenly over the top. Finish with a little more salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.