Avocado and Cucumber Salad
Rate this recipe
- 3 large ripe Mexican avocados halved, pitted and cut into chunks
- 1 large English cucumber cut into chunks
- 3 to 4 scallions thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons Mexican crema
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 1 small garlic clove peeled and pressed or minced
- 1 jalapeño stemmed and minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- Crumbled cotija cheese for garnish
- Combine the avocado, cucumber, and scallion in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the crema, yogurt, lime juice and zest, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, and salt.
- Pour the crema dressing over the avocado and cucumber salad and toss to combine. Adjust seasoning, sprinkle with cotija, and serve immediately.