Rate this recipe
- 4 flour tortillas homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 cup shredded melty cheese like Asadero, quesadilla, Oaxaca, or Monterey Jack
- 1/2 cup Sinaloa Style Chilorio
- 1 teaspoon chilorio fat or vegetable oil
- Ripe avocado slices to serve
- Guacamole or salsa of your choice to serve
- Preheat large skillet or comal over medium-low heat for at least 5 minutes. Place two of the flour tortillas on the heated skillet or comal and top each with a 1/4 cup of the cheese and 1/4 cup of the chilorio. Place the other two flour tortillas on top, and let them heat until the cheese starts to melt and the bottom tortillas begin to gently brown. Spread chilorio fat or vegetable oil on top of each, then flip and cook for another minute.
- Transfer to plates and serve with slices of ripe avocado and the guacamole or salsa of your choice.
11comments inChilorio Sincronizadas
Me encantan todas tus recetas y estoy muy orgullosa de ti.
Mil gracias Maria, te mando un abrazo enorme!
La Chata Chilorio is officially a pantry staple in our house! Easy to find, since we live in Sonora, but it’s also available in the international section of most US chain grocers. Great for tacos, sincronizadas and tortas.
Absolutely Charlie, it is a great Chilorio, I just love it!
What other type of chile peppers could be substituted ( if any ) for guajillo peppers? I’m from a small southern town with not many pepper choices. Thank you. Love your show.
Hi Anita! Thanks for tuning in! The guajillos give it its distinct flavor, so I recommend you use them. You can find them online or at your local Latin/International store, or even some local markets. But you can also use New Mexico chiles, which are similar to guajillos. Or some people use ancho chiles, they have a different taste, but it should be delicious too.
Merry Christmas to you and your family .I enjoy your program so much.
Thank you, Bernadine! Same to you.
What is Chilorio? never heard of it
Oh it’s a traditional pork recipe from Sinaloa. Here’s my recipe, Angie: http://patijinich.com/pati_2020/sinaloa-style-chilorio/