- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup lukewarm water (110-115 degrees)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour plus more for work surface
- 2 teaspoons kosher or coarse sea salt
- In a medium bowl, combine the yeast with the olive oil and the lukewarm water. Once it is well mixed, add the sugar and stir well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour with the salt. Make a well in the middle and add the yeast mix. Use your hands to incorporate it all together until it is fully combined, about 2 minutes. Let the dough rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Flour your counter and your hands generously, remove the dough from the bowl and knead until the dough goes from being sticky and gooey to very elastic, smooth and malleable. It will take anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes. Add more flour to your counter and hands as need be.
- Divide the dough in half, form into two balls and wrap them each in plastic wrap. Place the dough in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before using, or up to 3 days.
- Bring the dough back to room temperature, without removing the plastic wrap, before using.