Mexican Chicken Broth
Rate this recipe
- 1 3-pound chicken cut into serving pieces, or 2–3 pounds mixed chicken parts
- 3 carrots peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 white onion halved
- 3 celery stalks cut into large chunks
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 to 6 black peppercorns
- 5 to 6 fresh Italian parsley sprigs
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon kosher or coarse sea salt or to taste
- 3 1/2 quarts water
- Place all the ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, skim off any foam, and simmer, partially covered, for 50 minutes. Turn off the heat and let cool.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken pieces to a bowl. Strain the broth into a container, cool, and refrigerate. Remove the skin and bones from the chicken. Shred or cut the meat into chunks for future use and refrigerate if not using right away.
18comments inMexican Chicken Broth
I would like a receipt for chicken soup. easy. thank you.
Try this Lima Soup Lisa, you are going to love it! http://patijinich.com/lima-soup/
Truthfully 👋 My family and I really like the Mexican Chicken Broth 🐔! I love to drink it. My sister loves to cook it with rice and vegetables. As well she use the chicken Broth to cook arroz con pollos ! Whatever Mrs Jinich cook or prepare on her PBS show we immediately try to cook her recipes! Thank Mrs.Jinich for being part in ours family kitchen 🙏! 👋! Chris
Aw, thanks so much to you and your family Chris!
Thanks, I’ll need to make it as soon as I can get to the store.
Mrs. Jinich is an inspiration everytime she’s on PBS with recipes and foods 🙏! I love to see her explaining how to make a good meals 😋! As well watch her journey throughout Mexico 🇲🇽 ! As well the humbles people from Mexico 🇲🇽! May God bless Mrs Jinich and the people from Mexico 🇲🇽! My respect for the people of Mexico 🇲🇽! Great nation🤗! Truthfully Chris 👋
Thanks so much Chris.
No lo haces con arroz? That’s the way my mom used to make it.
Si! Sometimes I add rice, que rico!
My husband and I are currently fasting and are allowed to drink broth. I made Pati’s chicken broth and it is delicious! I shred and froze the cooked chicken and am looking forward to making another one of her recipes with the left overs! Pati is my favorite Mexican cook and me and my family love watching her on weekend mornings!
Glad you like the broth and is helping through your fasting Carrie 😉
I love this recipe. I now only make my homemade chicken soup using this recipe. The water to amount of chicken recipe is perfect. I use drumsticks. I sometimes add a parsnip.
I have yet to find a caldo, the way my mom made it. No vegetables just onion,tomato,garlic,cilantro and salt. Fresh chicken is about the fresh taste of the Chicken.
I’m sorry you didn’t like the recipe. I like putting some veggies in my broth recipe, but you can try it without them.