- 2 7-ounce cans of tuna in water or oil, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- To taste kosher or coarse sea salt
- 8 slices rye bread, lightly toasted
- 2 Pickled Poblanos, stems removed and sliced into strips
- 4 thick slices muenster cheese, or 8 thin slices
- In a mixing bowl, mash the tuna with a fork until well shredded. Combine it with the mayo, lime juice and salt to taste.
- Pre-heat the broiler, or you can use toaster oven.
- Divide the tuna mixture between four slices of bread. Divide the poblano strips on top of the tuna, and top with the cheese. Place under broiler, or in the toaster oven, until the cheese is melted.
- Place the remaining slices of toasted bread on top to close the sandwiches and serve.