Quick Charred Green Beans
Quick Charred Green Beans recipe from Pati's Mexican Table Season 5, Episode 12 “Alan Goes to College”
- 8 ounces green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 lemons, one thinly sliced, one halved
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or coarse sea salt, or to taste
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes, or ground chile piquín
Preheat the broiler. Place oven rack 4 to 5 inches from the heat source.
Spread the green beans evenly on a baking sheet. Add lemon slices, drizzle with olive oil and salt, and toss well.
Broil green beans for 6 to 7 minutes, tossing and flipping once in between. Transfer to a plate, season with the red pepper flakes or chile piquín, and let each guest squeeze on as much of the remaining lemon as they would like.