Quick Charred Green Beans
Rate this recipe
- 8 ounces green beans ends trimmed
- 2 lemons one thinly sliced, one halved
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or coarse sea salt or to taste
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes or ground chile piquín
- Preheat the broiler. Place oven rack 4 to 5 inches from the heat source.
- Spread the green beans evenly on a baking sheet. Add lemon slices, drizzle with olive oil and salt, and toss well.
- Broil green beans for 6 to 7 minutes, tossing and flipping once in between. Transfer to a plate, season with the red pepper flakes or chile piquín, and let each guest squeeze on as much of the remaining lemon as they would like.
10comments inQuick Charred Green Beans
Just saw the episode / found your show today and made them tonight for dinner – so simple yet so delicious ! Looking forward to watching and exploring more recipes !
So happy you found me Aaron, thanks for tuning in 😉
Decided I needed to make “Quick Charred Green Beans” tonight! I haven’t been able to broil in my gas stove-oven and have wished for a way to broil so I bought a convection-toaster-oven with all kinds of features including air frying and broiling!!! Was a bit expensive but now I could make QCCGBs! As I was in a hurry I didn’t have time to preheat the broiler and it took a bit longer than it should bur were they yummy!!!!! Even ate some of the charred lemon slices!! When I got back home I cut the remaining beans into tin bits and ate them! Wow now the beans were marinated in lemon juice and were amazing! I was thinking that these QCGBs could be made into a kind of pesto!!! How does that sound!!!!!!
PS. could you ask you web designer to make the font we write BLACK instead of GREY? I don’t have 20/20 eyesight and pale fonts are very hard to read!!!! Have macular degeneration which bled and even though I get shots in both eyes every 7 to 8 weeks it is still hard to read GREY fonts!!!
So glad you loved the beans, Vona! And yes a pesto sound super YUM. I’m sorry that you find the website hard to read…I’ll pass it on to my team.
Oh my… So tasty!! Will make again for sure!! Thank you for sharing these delicious recipes Pati. Love watching your show. Keep doing what you do best!! 👍🏻💜
Oh thank you so much Dawn!
Just made! And Wow!! Easy and delicious ?
Maria Elena Hall
The recipe for green beans is very flavorful. I also use tomatoes and garlic.