Roasted Tomatoes on Everything
Rate this recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1 to 2 dried chiles de árbol stemmed, thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 shallots about 1/2 pound, outer layer peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Oléico safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Set the rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 400°F.
- On a small baking sheet, combine the tomatoes, chiles de árbol, shallots, garlic, oil, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Place in the oven and roast for 45 to 50 minutes, until tomatoes have completely softened and almost fallen apart and are charred on the outside.
- The roasted tomatoes can be used on avocado toast, pasta, grilled asparagus, an egg scramble or a cheese omelet.
- Note: It is important that the tomatoes be ripe for full flavor. If they seem hard or a bit unripe, leave them in a bowl on your countertop for a few days so they can continue ripening until fully colored and softened.