Roasted Tomatoes on Everything
Rate this recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1 to 2 dried chiles de árbol stemmed, thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 shallots about 1/2 pound, outer layer peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Set the rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 400°F.
- On a small baking sheet, combine the tomatoes, chiles de árbol, shallots, garlic, oil, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Place in the oven and roast for 45 to 50 minutes, until tomatoes have completely softened and almost fallen apart and are charred on the outside.
- The roasted tomatoes can be used on avocado toast, pasta, grilled asparagus, an egg scramble or a cheese omelet.
- Note: It is important that the tomatoes be ripe for full flavor. If they seem hard or a bit unripe, leave them in a bowl on your countertop for a few days so they can continue ripening until fully colored and softened.
8comments inRoasted Tomatoes on Everything
My husband and I have become addicted to these tomatoes! On top of everything or as a side for steak, sandwiches, burgers, anything. Absolutely love ♥️ them. Great, easy recipe so we can always keep some
In the fridge.
So happy to read this Eugenia, I love these tomatoes as well 😉
I can hardly wait to make the cherry tomatoes, they look delicious. I’m sure the recipe will be good as always.
Thank you for always sharing your talent. Mary
Thanks for the kind words Mary, enjoy!
Your recipe looks yummy and I will give it a try. It is similar to the roasted cherry tomato recipe I use for pasta. I put a basket of cherry tomatoes in a hot frypan with olive oil, stir, salt and pepper and turn heat to low and cook for about 30 minutes. Mash tomatoes and stir in about 1/2 cup (actually I use a glop full!)of plain Greek yogurt or label and add cooked pasta. Obviously a lot of other seasonings could be added but the basic recipe is great for me as a single person
Sounds delicious Susie, thanks so much for sharing your recipe 😉
I love the organic Cherry Tomatoes from Mexico that I buy at CostCo they are super delicious, so I am going to try your recipe Pati! Of course I know it will be so tasty. Olé to Pati 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 🍷
Yay! Hope you like this recipe, thanks Bernadette 🙂