Rose Petal, Marshmallow, Mango and Pistachio Ice Cream
Rate this recipe
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed rose petals rinsed
- 1 10-oz bag mini-marshmallows
- 3 cups diced mango (about 3 mangoes)
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pistachios toasted
- Pour the milk and heavy cream into a medium-sized saucepan; set it over medium-low heat. Once hot, add the rose petals, marshmallows and mangos, cooking for about 10-15 minutes until the marshmallows have dissolved, stirring occasionally, but don’t let mixture come to a boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks until they become thick and spongy.
- Slowly stir 1/3 of the milk/cream mixture into the egg yolk, whisking, until thoroughly combined. Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining milk/cream mixture.
- Set the saucepan over low to low-medium heat, stirring frequently with a whisk or spoon until the mixture thickens, about 15 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Once it cools, refrigerate.
- Once chilled, process in an ice cream maker following the manufacturer’s instructions, and add the toasted pistachios 5 to 10 minutes before the ice cream is ready. Alternatively, freeze the entire mix.
12comments inRose Petal, Marshmallow, Mango and Pistachio Ice Cream
This sounds yummy. Can coconut milk and cream be substituted for milk and cream?
Go for it Diane, of course, enjoy!
How long do you chill for?
It depends on your refrigerator….just make sure that it is completely chilled before putting the mix in your ice cream maker.
I do not have organic roses
So I’ll try it using jamaica
Give it a go…and let me know, Vianey!
Hola Pati i don’t have an ice cream maker, anyway this can be made without one?
Here’s how to make it in a bag…or you can get a fun kick ball ice cream maker. http://patijinich.com/pati_2020/recipe/ice-cream-makers/
Pati, if you don’t have rose petals, do you think rose water can be used?
Feel free to play with the recipe, Iris!
Sorry Pati I don’t have a fancy kitchen but I would love to cook with you sometime and tasted wonderful food that you make it’s Hans from South Florida
You don’t need a fancy kitchen to have fun cooking and make wonderful meals. I hope you try some of my recipes, Hans, and enjoy!