- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed rose petals, rinsed
- 1 10-oz bag mini-marshmallows
- 3 cups diced mango, (about 3 mangoes)
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pistachios, toasted
- Pour the milk and heavy cream into a medium-sized saucepan; set it over medium-low heat. Once hot, add the rose petals, marshmallows and mangos, cooking for about 10-15 minutes until the marshmallows have dissolved, stirring occasionally, but don’t let mixture come to a boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks until they become thick and spongy.
- Slowly stir 1/3 of the milk/cream mixture into the egg yolk, whisking, until thoroughly combined. Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining milk/cream mixture.
- Set the saucepan over low to low-medium heat, stirring frequently with a whisk or spoon until the mixture thickens, about 15 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Once it cools, refrigerate.
- Once chilled, process in an ice cream maker following the manufacturer’s instructions, and add the toasted pistachios 5 to 10 minutes before the ice cream is ready. Alternatively, freeze the entire mix.