Basil and Mango Margarita
Rate this recipe
- Lime and salt for rimming the glass
- 10 fresh basil leaves torn into pieces
- 1 slice fresh serrano or jalapeño chile more to taste
- 1.5 ounces fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 ounces mango nectar
- 2 ounces Gran Centenario® Plata Tequila
- 1 ounce agave syrup
- 1 cup ice plus more for the glass
- Mango slice and fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Rub the rim of a glass with half a lime, then dip into salt. Add ice to the glass.
- In a shaker add the basil leaves, chile and lemon juice. Using a muddler, muddle intensely until the basil is mashed. Incorporate the mango nectar, tequila, agave syrup and ice. Shake until well mixed.
- Pour into the rimmed glass with ice. Garnish with a mango slice and basil leaf.