Spinning Top Cocktail
Rate this recipe
For rimming the glass:
- 1 lime wedge (about 1/4 of a fresh lime)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground chile powder such as chile piquín, ancho, chipotle or a Mexican mix, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons kosher or coarse sea salt
For the drink:
- 11/2 cups Ice cubes
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) mezcal or tequila
- 3/4 cup grapefruit soda
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 to 2 fresh mint leaves
- Run the lime wedge around the rim of a glass. Place the sugar, chile powder and salt on a small plate and dip the rim of the glass in the salt to coat.
- Add the ice cubes to the glass, then pour in the mezcal, grapefruit soda and pineapple juice, stir gently. Tear the mint leaves into several pieces and drop them into the glass, stirring gently so they release their flavor into the drink.
6comments inSpinning Top Cocktail
Paula Beed (NS, Canada)
Made these last night with my bestie. Used silver tequila and pink grapefruit Italian soda (and of course the pineapple juice). So delish Pati, thanks for this great and easy recipe. Will make often!!! Wish I could send you a photo of how pretty they looked. PS: I really and truly LOVE your TV show!
Thanks so much for the kind words Paula, so glad you enjoyed this drink. Stay tuned because the new season from Jalisco will premiere mid September 🙂
Trying to figure out how 10 oz. of beverage fits into what looks like a regular-sized coupe…? Perhaps this is better suited to a Collins glass?
🙂 🙂 You may be right CeeBee!
You’re the best and it brings comfort and joy to watch your show and to hear your cute accent! Your food and drinks always look so quick and delicious. Thanks for sharing! And you have a beautiful family and friends.