Tomatillo and Lime Jam
Rate this recipe
- 1 lb tomatillos husks removed, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- Rind of a lime whole or chopped
- A pinch of salt
- Place all of the ingredients into a saucepan set over medium heat. Let them come to a simmer and stir occasionally, letting them cook until it has thickened and achieved a soft and loose jam consistency, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Don’t wait until it has thickened too much, because it thickens considerably as it cools. Once it has cooled down, pour it into a container, cover tightly and refrigerate.