Rate this recipe
- Vegetable oil
- 10 corn tortillas (5-6 inch in diameter), homemade or store bought
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- In a deep 12-inch skillet, heat ½ inch of oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Fry the tortillas in the hot oil for 1½ to 2 minutes per side. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel. Sprinkle immediately with salt.
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Place tortillas on the baking sheet. Gently brush the tops with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping occasionally, until golden brown and crispy. Allow to cool.