- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher or coarse sea salt to taste
- 2 cups cooked canellini beans
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 2 fresh xcatic chiles (or blond or banana chiles), charred or roasted, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/4 pound Longaniza chorizo (or Mexican chorizo), casings removed
- 1/2 cup bitter orange juice or its substitute
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to broil. In a small roasting dish, toss to combine tomatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil and a pinch of salt. Broil until tomatoes are charred and softened but still hold their shape, about 10 minutes. Transfer tomatoes to a large bowl and fold in beans, onions and chiles.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat and cook the chorizo until crisp and browned, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add to bowl with bean mixture and gently fold to combine. Finish with bitter orange juice, cilantro and salt to taste.