Wild Crunchy Granola
Rate this recipe
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans very coarsely chopped
- 1 cup raw cashews very coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup shelled, unsalted peanuts very coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup hulled, raw pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup amaranth
- 1/3 cup white quinoa
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup safflower oil
- 1/2 cup dried sour cherries optional to taste
- Bittersweet chocolate chips optional to taste
- Sweetened coconut flakes optional to taste
- Set the baking rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add the rolled oats, pecans, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, amaranth seeds, and quinoa along with the salt. Toss to combine.
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey with the oil. Set over low heat and stir for a minute or so, until completely dissolved.
- Pour the honey and oil mixture over the nuts and seeds mixture and toss to coat. Spread over the prepared baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake until lightly golden brown, about 55 minutes, stirring once in between.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Scrape onto a bowl and add the dried sour cherries, chocolate chips and coconut flakes to taste. Store in a closed container with a tight lid.
- Use the granola as a snack to munch on its own, on top of yogurt, ice cream, over fruit, or mixed with queso fresco or on top of fresh ricotta cheese.
40comments inWild Crunchy Granola
Pati, excelente, super delicioso aderezo de pepita.
Excelent pepita dressing, try it.
Que bueno que te gusto Carmen, un abrazo!
What is Amaranth?
Amaranth is a plant whose leaves, seeds, and roots are edible with high protein content similar to cereals or beans Sharion 🙂
What are pepitos?
Pepitas are raw pumpkin seeds Kathy 😉
Thank you for all your recipes! I love your tv shows, however I can’t see all new ones on-channel 3 in California.
Sorry to hear that Fadua, please check your local PBS and also Create 😉
love Wild Crunchy Granola
I love granola! Your recipe is so good! It’s better than the store bought! Thanx Pati! 5 out of 5 stars!!
Yay!!! Thanks so much Sheryl 😉
Is the quinoa cooked or uncooked?
Everything is uncooked Susan, remember it still needs to go in the oven. Enjoy 😉
Nutritional and Calorie count would be helpful with this delish-sounding snack.
Thanks for the suggestion Addie!
I love all the ingredients. I can’t wait to try this recipe. I already have a lot of most of the ingredients in my pantry.
Enjoy it Yolanda 😉
are the amaranth and quinoa raw or cooked?
Raw Bevy, remember everything will go in the oven to bake at some point 🙂
Pati, eso se ve deli 🙂
Si queda muy buena la verdad 🙂
Hi Pati 🌻 I will give those two recipes a try, they sound very tasty😊 thank you so much for sharing! I love watching your cooking show🤗
Thanks to you!
I can’t wait to try this recipe! I will have to substitute walnuts for the pecans, due to allergies. But it looks wonderful! Thank you!
Hope you’ll love it Janice 😉
Does the Quinoa need to be rinsed first?
I don’t rinse it Jamie 🙂
It would be nice if nutrition information accompanied the recipes
Thanks for the suggestion Jay!
This sounds so good. I think I’ll have to try it!
Enjoy it Doris 🙂
Will the quinoa taste bitter since it’s not rinsed?
You can rinse it if you prefer Cory, just make sure to let it dry a bit before adding it to the mix 😉
I make one a lot like this, but use coconut oil instead of safflower oil. Really good!
Yummy! Glad you love granola as much as I do Rebecca 🙂
Awesome! I love them.. thanks Pati.. Gracias por TU sason and they joy you do it with. .mucho exito! Huge fan
Thanks so much Fausto, this is very kind of you. Un abrazo!