Boston Lettuce Salad with Avocado Dressing
Rate this recipe
- 2 ripe Mexican avocados halved, pitted and meat scooped out
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema Latin-style cream, crème fraîche, or sour cream
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or coarse sea salt or more to taste
- 2 heads boston lettuce leaves separated, washed, dried, and torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple or other candied fruits like papaya or mango
- 1/2 cup spicy pumpkin seeds
- Combine the avocado, milk, cream, garlic, lime juice and salt in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Place the lettuce in a generous-sized serving bowl, and toss with the dressing until the leaves are lightly coated. Sprinkle with the pineapple and pumpkin seeds and serve.
12comments inBoston Lettuce Salad with Avocado Dressing
I was looking for the Boston lettuce Salad but only found pumpkin seeds? Where’s the salad? Please include. Thank you.
Hi Steve, thanks for catching this! We have updated this post and now you can find it in the same link or here 🙂 https://patijinich.com/boston-lettuce-salad-with-avocado-dressing-candied-pineapple-and-spicy-pumpkin-seeds/
I’m very disappointed the recipe for the ‘avocado dressing’ is not included.
Even though it’s named in the title of thus salad only ingredients, & method, listed are fir the spiced pumpkin seeds🤷♀️☹️
Hello Robyn, thanks for reaching out. There is a confusion with the link you were trying, but here is the correct one for the salad and the avocado dressing. Enjoy!
When I click on this recipe, the site shows a picture of the Boston Lettuce Salad with Avocado Dressing, but the recipe below the picture is for Spiced up pumpkin seeds. Looking for the avocado dressing recipe, am I missing something?
Hello Brian, thanks for catching this, we are revamping the website but is still a work in progress, we will get there soon! In the meantime, here is the actual recipe for the salad that includes the avocado dressing, enjoy! https://patijinich.com/boston-lettuce-salad/
Roxanne / From email@example.com
where is the recipe for the avocado dressing ? There is only the recipe for the spiced up pumpkin seeds. No dressing for the Boston lettuce salad with avocado dressing. Thanks.
Thanks for catching this Roxanne, we are working on the website to make it more user friendly, we will get there soon. Here is the recipe you are looking for, enjoy 😉 https://patijinich.com/boston-lettuce-salad/
What was the desert cooked in the episode featuring this salad and the mole stew, please? Looked like chocolate cookies
Yes Simona, they were these chocolate cookies, enjoy! https://patijinich.com/pati_2020/chocolate-cookies-with-hibiscus-flowers/
Boston Lettuce Salad with Avocado Dressing–for this recipe, how long will the avocado dressing keep?
Up to 2 days, well covered in your refrigerator. Stir or shake before using!