Rate this recipe
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema, crème fraîche, or sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher or coarse sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- Combine the cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, sugar, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix well. Add the green and red cabbage and toss with the dressing. Taste and adjust the salt to taste. Serve.
8comments inCreamy Slaw
First time I have ever made cole slaw and it was a hit at the party. Incredible easy and full of flavor. Thanks!
My pleasure Dan, happy everyone enjoyed it!
Dear Pati- I’m a huge fan of your show. And Juju! I love the way he jumps right in and tries everything. I can’t wait to see what he does when he grows up. Thank you.
Aw thank you, Sheila.
Is it really only a 1/4 tspn sugar?
Yep…you just need a little bit of sugar. But you can always adjust it to your own tastes, Lynne.
Hello! 🙂 Mrs Pati,
Thank you for your time & energy in demonstrating such wonderful recipes!
I just wanted to ask: How many days in advance can this slaw be made ?
I typically like to serve everything ‘fresh’ but sometimes I have to try to save time
& if there is something I can make or prepare w/out affecting taste, texture etc.
I’m ALL eyes & ears 🙂
Thanks in advance! 😉
Thank YOU for trying the recipes, Jina! The slaw is good in the fridge for 48 hours.